Coach Ryan has been part of the Barracudas swim team for many years, he first started here at the age of 8 and continued to swim for the Barracudas until about the age of 15. Ryan then transitioned to a coaching role, and has been an assistant coach for 4 years. He's gained a lot of good experience under various coaches and is ready to be the number two for this season. He looks forward to working with familiar faces and new ones as well.
A little about myself: I attended West Ridge MS and Westlake High School, and I am planning to start a kinesiology degree at ACC then transition to UT or Texas State after the swim season.
I really enjoy coaching for this team and teaching skills to all the age groups.
Swimming is a fantastic sport, it teaches the aspect of teamwork and also individual determination as well.
Natalie swam with the Barracudas from 7 to 17. She attends Westlake High School and has lettered on the Varsity swim team for 4 years. She swims year round at Nitro swimming. Next year she will be attending Washington University at St. Louis where she will study mechanical engineering and represent the school on the swim team. Go Barracudas! Go Bears!
Want to be a Coach?
APPLY HERE!!! https://goo.gl/forms/DhLbs0eafOLAID9p2
More information? Email [email protected]
Coach Expectations -
- Treat all swimmers equally
- Build Self-esteem in each swimmer using encouragement and praise
- Maintain a high level of sportsmanship at all times to promote team spirit
- Active participant in every practice, meet, and team event
- Maintain open communication with other coaches, board members, and parents.
- Be responsive and sensitive to the needs of all swimmers of all ages
- Emphasize fundamentals of proper stroke and turn techniques
- Demonstrate drills and/or proper stroke techniques with in-water presentation
Provide regular constructive feedback to all swimmers
- Explain technique and provide feedback on DQs before next meet.
- Arrive early and prepared to begin practice on time
- Assist with setup of pool area, for practice
- Attend all practices, meets, and team events
- Coordinate with fellow coaches to provide consistent coaching philosophy
- Be familiar with and prepared to implement workouts and drills
- Assist fellow coaches in keeping swimmers in productive activity
- Generate relays in preparation for weekend meets (using online tools)
Certifications (must be turned in prior to start of season) -
- CPR Certification - Coaches MUST have, at minimum, CPR certification per our insurance carrier. We have many on staff as "helpers" without CPR, we just cannot call you a coach.
- Lifeguard Certification - We must maintain a lifeguard in the pool area at all times during practice. Therefore, a number of our coaches are required to be lifeguard certified. We would prefer all coaches have Lifeguard Certification, especially the head coach(s).
- A background check and references will be required.